Motorcycle Insurance in Georgia
Before purchasing a motorcycle, the smart thing to do is acquire insurance. You should obtain insurance to protect your investment and yourself. We offer various coverage options here at Atkinson Casey Agency in Monroe, GA for your motorcycle.
Motorcycle Insurance Requirements
Motorcycle insurance is required in the state of Georgia. All motorcycle owners must at least carry liability coverage. Liability coverage can help protect your finances if you are involved in an accident. This will help you avoid paying out of pocket. The minimum amounts are required for all motorcycle insurance policies:
- Bodily injury coverage of at least $25,000 for each person
- Bodily injury coverage of at least $50,000 for each accident
- Property damage coverage of at least $25,000
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage
The following insurance options can also be added to your insurance policy:
- Collision coverage - This will keep your bike protected if you are involved in an accident with another motorist, and your bike is damaged.
- Comprehensive coverage - This will keep your bike protected from damages that are not the result of a collision. This will cover damages resulting from vandalism, theft, weather, and more.
- Uninsured/underinsured - This will keep you protected against other drivers who are not insured or do not have enough insurance to cover an accident that they caused. This will pay for your medical expenses if you suffer injuries as a result.
- Medical payments - This will cover your medical expenses if you are injured in an accident. It covers both you and your passengers.
- Personal injury protection - This is sometimes used in the place of medical payments coverage. It would pay for your medical expenses for any injuries you or your passengers suffer, no matter who caused the accident.
To obtain a quote for motorcycle insurance, please visit Atkinson Casey Agency today. We are located in Monroe, GA.